Thank you for your interest in the scholarship program offered by the Georgia Health Care Association Education & Research Foundation.
Established in 1991, this program was created to assist nurses to obtain their education and to encourage specialization in long-term and post-acute care. The program is funded by contributions to the annual Scholarship Golf Tournament and donations received throughout the year.
Qualified scholarship recipients are selected by the Foundation and receive funds to aid with expenses incurred during their time of study. Scholarships are available to individuals pursuing a degree that will enable them to work in Nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Registered Nurse (RN) or Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- An applicant must be an employee who has worked in a GHCA-member skilled nursing care center for at least the past year;
- An applicant must be enrolled in or accepted into an accredited nursing program;
- An applicant must be recommended by the Administrator and the Director of Nursing of the skilled nursing care center where they are employed;
- An applicant must be an individual who pledges to maintain employment in a skilled nursing care center and hold either a full-time or part-time position while attending school; and,
- Scholarship recipients will agree to work in the skilled nursing care center of their choice for a period of one year following completion of their course of studies.
Individuals applying for a scholarship must adhere to the following rules of application. The entry must be printed or typed and include all of the following information:
- An application form to be completed by the applicant;
- A letter of explanation from the applicant outlining why he/she is interested in a career in Nursing (limit: one page);
- Written recommendation from the facility Administrator and the Director of Nursing;
- A copy of the letter of acceptance from the accredited school where the applicant has been accepted or is enrolled (For nursing, the letter must indicate that the applicant is enrolled in or has been accepted into a LPN or RN program).
The scholarship award totals $1500 for the award year and is disbursed to the nursing school disclosed and validated in the application packet.
RN’s and LPN’s who complete their program within the four- year time period, pass the State Board examination, and continue employment in a nursing center, will receive the following bonus:
RN’s – $2,000
LPN’s – $1,000
To qualify for the enhancement, it is the student applicant’s responsibility to contact the Georgia Health Care Association to advise of their successful completion of the nursing program; to confirm licensure; and, to provide supporting documentation of ongoing employment in a skilled nursing care center.
Applicants must adhere to all rules of the application process and provide all information as requested. Incomplete applications or submission of an application with missing information, may result in disqualification.
Proof of acceptance or current student enrollment from the school is required prior to the awarding of funds.
Scholarship recipients will be determined in June and funds awarded in July – August of each year.
All application entries are due by May 19, 2017. Applications can be submitted online by completing the form below.
You may also submit an application form via mail to:
Georgia Health Care Association
Attn. Pam Clayton
160 Country Club Drive
Stockbridge, GA 30281
For additional information contact Mrs. Clayton at 678-289-6555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.