GHCA Associate Member Qualifications
Any business, firm, organization, corporation, or other group that provides services to the long term care profession but not having a legal or economic interest in the entity (or its related long term care facility) which is eligible for membership as a Regular Member but is not a Regular Member. Associate membership is also ideal for an individual or organization with an interest in long term care services—including long term care facilities or programs in development. Associate members cannot be employed by a non-member facility. The holder of any such Associate Membership shall not be entitled to vote in the affairs of the Association. Associate members are not recognized as members of AHCA/NCAL.
Benefits At a Glance
- Education Services
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Information and Resources
Breakdown of Benefits
Sponsors for Education Services
GHCA provides numerous education classes covering all of the vital issues concerning LTC and is widely recognized as the most prominent provider of LTC-focused education in the state today. We pride ourselves on our knowledgeable and credited speakers who educate our members with up-to-date information in relation to LTC. Find out how your company can sponsor one of our informative sessions!
GHCA holds two conventions every year providing current education classes and seminars, a summer and winter convention.
- Summer Convention: The GHCA Summer Convention is packed with top-notch educational sessions, fun networking events and much more. As a sponsor, you will have the opportunity to experience excellence as you put your company’s products and services in front of one of the largest gatherings of Georgia’s long term care professionals in unarguably the best location. Further, the new GHCA sponsorships assure that your promotion is effective, simple and tasteful, the true meaning of elegance. The professionals at this convention are nursing home and assisted living administrators, owners, operators, and pharmacists.
- Winter Convention: The GHCA Winter Convention offers numerous educational sessions by outstanding speakers. This convention also hosts a 2-Day tradeshow with over 800 nursing home employees in attendance. As an exhibitor or sponsor, the networking opportunities are endless. Some of the highlights include: 1) There is no such thing as a bad booth location—the tradeshow hall is strategically setup to where all booths receive attendee traffic. 2) Lead Retrieval is new and improved– keep track of all those who visited your booth to reconnect with them after the tradeshow. 3) Two Show Days – 1st day entails all the Owners/Operators, Administrators and Decision Makers & 2nd day is open to all members which includes the former and all other staff.
- Affiliate Group Conventions: Once a year, each of our affiliate groups (Georgia Society of Nursing Home Activity Directors, Georgia Society of Nursing Home Social Workers, and Georgia Association of Nurses in Long Term Care) hold an Annual Convention with sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities.
Members receive significant member discounts on all GHCA education, conventions and tradeshow booth rental.
Becoming a member gives many opportunities to network with your peers in the long term care arena. Members share their challenges and successes and learn from others who have developed innovative solutions to common problems. Members increase their skills, knowledge, and contacts, and take part in sharing the future by becoming active in the leadership of the Association through participation on GHCA committees, task-forces, affiliate groups and focus groups on key issues affecting the industry.
GHCA will keep you up-to-date on all the latest issues, trends, education seminars, etc. in long term care through our Monthly “Newsfront” Newsletter as well as through regularly sent emails. All of our information is available to you through our website at www.ghca.info.
There are many was to get your name out to long term care professionals.
- Membership Directory (Print): Every year, a membership directory is printed which serves as nursing homes’ “yellow pages”. The directory contains endless amount of information including facility, chains, corporations, associate members, affiliate groups, frequently called numbers guide, district maps, etc. Advertising space is available.
- Online Directory: Associate Members are listed on the online directory on the GHCA website which is frequently used as a resource tool. Their logos are also advertised on the home screen of the website.
For interested and eligible parties, please submit a completed application to GHCA. Fees associated with membership can be paid online and are due immediately upon submission of the application. Each renewal is due on the anniversary of your initial submission.
Membership Fees: $550 for 12 months
Note: Contributions or gifts to the Georgia Health Care Association are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes. However, dues payments are deductible by members as an ordinary and necessary business expense.
For any specific questions, please contact Sylvia Barnes at email@example.com